Managed Services Provider seeking an outstanding experienced Desktop / Server / Network support technician to work Pacific Standard / Daylight Time schedule (GMT -8).
Fluent English speaking capability is required.
The position’s tasks include:
– Working directly with clients via phone and tickets on help desk tickets
– Working on technical project related tasks
– Remote installations and configurations of Windows Desktops & Server based operating systems and software via Dell DRAC or HP Advanced iLO
– Windows Server / Active Directory setup, configuration, migrations.
– Maintenance and troubleshooting of Microsoft Servers and Workstations
– Configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Sonicwall, Cisco, Netgear, and other similar firewalls or network equipment.
– Configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Windows based workstations and software.
– End user support for Microsoft and other 3rd party software via phone and ticketing system
– End user mobile device support (iPhone / Android / Windows)
This position is on a schedule according to business hours within the U.S. Pacific Standard / Daylight Time (PST/PDT) zone:
9am – 6pm PST / PDT (GMT -8)
Applicants must be familiar with technical support roles in a managed I.T. services environment and able to perform technical tasks and research solutions without assistance. It is also important to be a team player able to work with other technicians and / or mentor those in a junior role.
We use an ticketing system (Kaseya) so you must also be familiar with keeping detailed notes about communications, technical troubleshooting, and setup steps you take when performing assigned duties.
You must also have strong communication skills and be able to communicate in clear English via phone (calls to U.S. based clients), e-mail, and chat. – ability to provide support via phone is required.
Critical thinking, decision making, and troubleshooting skills will be needed on a daily basis – our technicians frequently research solutions on their own using Google and other available resources.
Job applicants must have strong experience with:
Managed Services Provider environment
Windows Server 2012/2008/2003
Microsoft Exchange (or hosted Exchange)
Microsoft Outlook configuration
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 10 Professional
Microsoft Hyper-V (or other virtualization platforms)
Active Directory setup and maintenance
Active Directory, user and computer management
Windows Server based remote access (RWW, RDS, RDP, Terminal Services)
DNS / DHCP Services
NTFS File and Share permissions
Windows Server Migrations
New Server deployments
Storage Management (hardware RAID)
Firewall configurations (including NAT, ACLs, inbound/outbound rules)
Windows Desktop support in Active Directory domain environments
Microsoft Office suite
Virus / Malware detection and removal
A plus to have experience with the following:
Customer Service training (e.g. BPO Call Center training)
Office365 / Hosted Exchange
Dell DRAC/ HP iLO remote access controllers
Dell or HP Server Hardware
MS SQL server maintenance
Batch file and scripting
Server performance monitoring
Network performance monitoring
Network Switch configuration including VLANs
Business-Grade Anti-Virus platform experience
Business-Grade Backup software (BackupExec, etc..)
DaaS / SaaS / IaaS
Service Desk / Help Desk Management
Microsoft, Sonicwall, or Cisco certifications
ITIL knowledge or certification